Saturday, March 26, 2011

God in the Yard - Week 5 Part 2 - Why I am comfortable expressing my feelings and problems

"I feel comfortable expressing my feelings and problems openly because..."

I am not defined by my problems. My challenges, even the internal ones do not make me who I am. They are only a part of me in the process of facing them and walking through them one day at a time.

Maintaining the perspective it is not "about me" makes these easier to share. My victories aren't any more "about me" than my defeats. My wounds, scars, processes all are for the purpose of glorifying God. When I hold back in fear of being judged when He is asking me to share, I rob Him of the glory He deserves.

When I fail in a big way and I am open about it, without fear of judgement, He is glorified as One who gives Grace, Who is capable of infinite Love and Strength when I am weak. Paul states this quite clearly in one of my favorite verses  "But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me". (2 Corinthians 12:9) When God gives me revelation on why I failed or where the root is in my weakness, who am I to hold back and keep it only for myself? If another can find victory from my weaknesses exposed, then I want that for them, because again, it's not "about me".

The flow of giving and receiving can be hindered if I hold back out of self-protection instead of allowing Him to be my protector and my vindicator. Like Isaiah says in chapter 54 verse 17, "No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the LORD.

Now, to be clear, I am not saying EVERYTHING should be shared ALL the time. If others are involved I seek permission share their aspect of the issue and I try to use discernment about who/what/when I share - ALWAYS.

When He gives me insight in my strengths or in my weaknesses, it is always a gift. He is building my faith, strengthening my spirit and affirming His love for me. He has called me to share these insights with others because inviting them into my trials can bring encouragement to us both and God often has healing for them as well.

Ultimately, since it is not "about me" I am free from my need to make sure someone doesn't think poorly of me or judge me. When my eyes are on Him, my ear is listening for His heartbeat, and I wait on Him for revelation in my challenges and circumstances it doesn't just bless me, it usually blesses others too!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely awesome, amen! I am clinging to that verse right now-2 Cor. 12:9...as I am in a brand spanken new area of weaknesses I never knew about hangin' off my butt-lol! But seriously-YES! What a find interesting, is that we may reveal'old weaknesses' that have been discovered and conquered-or are in the process of being conquered with each other, but do we always share the fresh ones? At times maybe, but I'm in the process of a 'fresh one' that I am barely breathing outloud to myself-let alone others. Fun, I know, right? ;) But it's all good. It helps me to know, that He already knows everything inside and out of me BEFORE I even get a scent of it, and I'm actually quite thankful for that. Anyways-that verse just became my 'cling on' a few hrs ago from a friend, in a brand new perspective, and finding it admidst your posting is a sweet confirmation-thank you :D

    ReplyDelete