Monday, February 28, 2011

Transformation Equation - God in the Yard Week 2

In my other blog "The Journey Begins Today" I have written about my journey through the book God in the Yard by L.L. Barkat. I have bounced between both of my blogs because I want to stay true to what each one represents.

The Journey Begins Today is about me and my family. Our adventures, challenges and my journey as a wife, mother, daughter and friend in that process. This book is touching me in that facet of my life as well as in the area that this blog is focused on and that is my personal transformation from being overweight and tired into fit and athletic.

I am elaborating in this post on this equation:





Me box = all of who I am right now

Old Ways box =  
- leaning on food for comfort, celebration, energy when I should just go to bed, etc.
- breaking old habits of coping (yelling at my kids, impatient or disrespectful to my Love)
- STOP meeting my own needs - Not trusting God for His provision for ALL my needs emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually

Pay attention box =  This means staying in His Word, not for the purpose of the Law (rules and commands), but for the purpose of understanding His Grace and love for me that compels me to see the instructions He has laid out for me as a blessing and not a penalty - I love this passage in Hebrews!

Taking new action box = being willing to be uncomfortable and do something that stretches me. If I never make different choices, why should I expect to change?? You know the old saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results... yeah, I need to NOT do that!

Transformed me box = I have no idea what this final picture will look like. I really don't. I can't say I really care. I just know God is inviting me to be transformed and I want to take Him up on it.

My fellas think they should have breakfast, so I must attend to their tummy rumblings and embrace all God has planned for me today. I meet with a dietician today about my food intake. I really plan to pick her brain on all sorts of thoughts and questions. Lap band surgery, meal replacements, clean cooking, organic or not etc. I will let you know what I find out.

Thanks for being a part of my progress!

2 comments:

  1. I love this visual picture of transformation, Jennifer. God in the Yard provoked me to change some things too. I know you've been on this journey for a while (go, girl!), but I hope that this reading helps with the inner transformation too.From glory to glory, Jennifer. He will complete that good work he began in you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... believe it or not... I love formulas. Got to like the fact it really breaks things down into definable parts to make things workable. Let me know if you revise it at the end of 40 days!

    ReplyDelete