Saturday, September 18, 2010

Gearing up and unwinding -- AT THE SAME TIME???

Today is a cloudy family day at home.

I have baked my last loaves of WHITE bread for a while, grilled hamburgers for lunch, cleaned my kitchen, scrubbed our bathroom, read to my sons, showered, watched my Love wash all the windows and keep the laundry going, and tucked my youngest in for his afternoon nap.

I also still need to do: get the ribs in the oven roasting, empty the dishwasher and reload, find something I don't find ridiculously expensive to order for the kids (one item each) PTA fundraiser (NO, I will not be ordering the cookie dough!), decide what books to order through the school book club (one of my FAVORITE things to do!), hang up the chore charts for the big boys and remind them how they work, and get the meat I picked up on sale yesterday cooked, bagged and in the freezer.

I feel so at ease, relaxed in my sweats, nothing to prepare for today except next week... no biggie right?

Next week begins my new workout program, clean eating (as in - NO JUNK FOOD - you know what that stuff is... I know you do...;), cross country practice at 8am for the boys, AWANA, my Tuesday am Bible Study Lord, I Want to Know You by Kay Arthur, and our Financial Peace University group.

It also begins a new season of my journey towards healthy living.

I will keep you posted on how it is going... daily ... as often as possible.

1 comment:

  1. You continue to inspire me, Jennifer. Thank you for your prayers. Part of my emptiness is the list--similar to yours, it sounds--of all the things that need doing. I'm trying to see them as blessings. The Lord is really cleaning out my heart these days.

    Thank you for your prayers, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete