Sunday, July 11, 2010

What to do when you don't know what to do...

Wow. What a weekend.
So many people I know are in pain right now. Relationships are hurt and being hurt. I have several friends struggling in their marriages, several friends struggling in relationships with their families, several issues I am processing in my own life, and the list goes on.

Here's the thing,

It is all quite overwhelming if you forget how big our God is. Not only is He big, He is not stunned by the turn of events that has occurred in any of our lives.

John 16:33 says something we really need to keep in mind during hard times:

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." - Jesus

We need to reach for and believe in the Peace that we only find in Him. If we aren't finding peace, then we need to ask those we know that have His peace to pray for us. I do that. I have His peace within me, but I still need someone to pray for me when I find that peace elusive. 

Please don't weather the storms of life alone. Reach out to those who love you. Reach out for people you know who have strength you don't. Reach out to God. He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment