Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hodge podge of stuff including Sticker the starfish

Since I got home from vacation it seems like I can't seem to wrap my brain around intelligent writing. I have so much floating around in my head/heart, but every time I sit down to try to get something written. The battle battle begins. The kids break out in a fight, someone needs something, my head feels like it is going to explode from being overwhelmed, my husband goes out of town... etc.

Right now I am being asked to get a large bowl of water for one of those "growing" toys made in China that are made of unknown substances that apparently absorb water and increase in size. We "grew" an octopus last week and now we need to "grow a starfish". In the interest of "back to school awareness" I think we will measure this one each day and check his growth. Then we can make it an experiment. This starfish has been named "Sticker". I will keep you updated on the riveting results.

Life has such a way of going on, whether we are ready or not. Just like "Sticker" who will spend his next 3 days growing in a bowl as the center piece on our dining table, there will be change, growth and eventually decomposition :P - sorry, I just couldn't help myself!

So, my training is going well, I have had a few friends make comment about joining me on my race. I have found myself battling the need to compete - something I have never really done - and yet trying to stay focused on the purpose of this, becoming the athlete God designed me to be.

I am not eating as well as I would like to. I have found myself eating when I am not hungry, eating past my allotted calories, going to bed too late and struggling in general with not feeling "great" very often, I know it is because I have resumed junk food consumption. I will be changing that tomorrow. Tomorrow I go back to "clean" eating. I am going to recommit to going to bed at a decent hour and planning my meals ahead so I don't end up super hungry and grabbing what is handy - that is the old "survival" mode not the new place of "thriving" God has called me to in this season of my life.

SO - I press on. Going back to the basics and getting back on track. Choosing the Truth of who God designed me to be and walking in it. Convenient or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment