Sunday, August 1, 2010

Getting Ready

This past month or so I have begun to prepare my body for the triathlon I have always wanted to do.

I have experienced a huge amount of emotions and such leading up to the big day.

Today I find myself excited and a little anxious about the 12 mile bike ride that I am going on in a few hours. In the gym I can do the stationary bike for about 30 minutes and do about 20+mph. However, on the road bike, I am a LITTLE more cautious about speed and such. I want to ride relaxed like I am learning to breathe and swim. But I can't seem to get past the constant focus on my numb and pained (how that can happen at the same time I have yet to figure out, and yet it does!!) booty to enjoy the ride. In the gym I put on music and worship and pray, on the bike outside I try to look at the scenery, breathe in the fresh air and such.

I want to push past the discomfort for the joy set before me - the completion of a task well done. Today's scripture I got from 411God seemed very appropriate.

Isaiah 35:5-6
5 And when He comes, He will open the eyes of the blind
      and unplug the ears of the deaf.
 6 The lame will leap like a deer,
      and those who cannot speak will sing for joy!
   Springs will gush forth in the wilderness,
      and streams will water the wasteland.


In Isaiah "He" hadn't come yet. It is referencing Jesus Christ. Well, He did come. He has done all of the above and more.

Please indulge my personalization of scripture (something I highly recommend!):

And since He has come,
He will open my eyes to see the beauty of His creation
He will open my hears so all I can hear is HIS voice saying "YOU can do THIS!"
My rear will be strengthened by Him, pushing the pedals and balancing my body
to accomplish the athletic endeavor placed before me.
The water I need for hydration will be abundant and I will not fall of my bike trying to get my water bottle out of it's cage. 
There will be enough energy to achieve my goals because God says so!

Ok, so it isn't a literal translation into direct personalization, but that is what my heart heard when I read those verses.

I will let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment