Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ouch!

I am not only physically pushing myself beyond anything I have done before, I am finding myself stunned at the level of emotional exhaustion I am living in this week.

This season of my life, keeping my eyes on my Lord, being attentive in my marriage, raising 3 boys that are 6, 4, and 2, starting a MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) group at my church in September, and training for this triathlon is expensive. The price I am paying daily is worth every bit of effort, energy and enthusiasm.

My season right now is about coming alive. Moving from surviving to thriving. I have said that before. But it's not just about me. It never is. We are all designed to be in this life together. So it is about me thriving, so my marriage, my sons, the single, married, working or stay-at-home moms that come to our MOPS group, and those who are cheering me on in my triathlon endeavor can thrive too.

I think we often forget how important we are to each other. What affects me affects you, whether you live 2 miles from me or 2,000 miles away. God made us that way. We need each other. Every choice we make to slack off or push through or bust out, or break down affects those around us.

Today, as I was crying while a friend validated how tired I am and how hard I am working, I was reminded again - I am not doing this alone or for myself alone.

I am doing this because:
1) God put it on my heart over 20 years ago,
2) He said NOW is the time,
3) my husband agreed to support my challenge
4) I have friends who are cheering me on when I seriously can barely get out of bed (emotionally or physically), and finally
5) I WANT TO!! I want to push myself beyond what seems intelligent for a woman of my weight and age. I want to work hard for something I can do all the way to the finish line ('cause you know, dishes and laundry don't work like that...).

So, as I sit here with every muscle - especially my booty that worked extra hard today on my bike ride and run, aching, and exhausted, I am thankful for the pain, the challenge and the victory all over again!

Yes, the victory. It is in the bag my friends. I will cross the finish line. I will do this. One day, one hour, one minute at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment