Friday, August 6, 2010

Pain of loss...

"There are no words."

That is what my friend posted after spending hours beside a grieving friend whose 18 year old son has just been released from this life into Heaven.

I am heartbroken as well.

We must love those who God has given to us.

Many have prayed, many have cried, and many have provided love, comfort, food, etc.

I love Zephaniah 3:17

 The LORD your God is with you,
       he is mighty to save.
       He will take great delight in you,
       he will quiet you with his love,
       he will rejoice over you with singing." 


 He does this for all of us. He knows what we need and when we need it.


I am overtired, eating unwisely, and emotionally sensitive/shut down, depending on the moment. I need this tonight. I will personalize this for me and I pray you read it to yourself and receive it for you too if this is what you need...

"the LORD my God is with me (every where I am),
He is might to save me (from myself and other circumstances and situations that are not needed to grow me into the woman He created me to be).
He takes great delight in me, (even when I don't do things right or well),
He quiets my anxiety/fears/concerns with His unending forever faithful love,
He rejoices over me with singing (so my heart, mind, and body can rest in the sound of His eternal voice)."

LORD, I receive Your plan, Your presence, and Your truth for me, regardless of how I feel, and how much I "medicated" with food today. Thank You for always hearing and knowing my heart. Thank You for Your provision for laughter and joy with my boys today. Forgive me for not accepting Your provision for me emotionally and providing for myself food for comfort. Thank You for forgiving me. I pray I will do better tomorrow. I love you Lord. Thank You!
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment