Tuesday, October 5, 2010

An Awesome Day!!

Awesome is such a wonderful word.

You can communicate so much with just that word...
The definition:

awe·some

–adjective
1
inspiring awe: an awesome sight.
2.
showing or characterized by awe.
3.
Slang . very impressive: That new white convertible is totally awesome.

Origin:
1590–1600; awe  + -some1
awe·some·ly, adverb
awe·some·ness, noun
awful, awesome, offal (see usage note at awful).

See awful.

See! Even the dictionary understands  so here is my AWESOME, Awesome, awesome. day!


I put on jeans today I haven't worn in two years!

AWESOME!

I put healthy food in my body most of the day and felt really good about how the day was progressing!

AWEsome!

I wrestled my two year old at a Cross Country race for the school district (about 800ish people) and endured glares, kicks and screaming, aching arms, sore ears, sweaty, grumpy, etc for almost 2 hours.

awesome.

Then I took the gang to McDonalds for dinner though I was tempted to feed my little tantrum man crackers and water, he got nuggets instead. I ate a Quarter pounder with cheese and french fries and half a Sprite.

awesome.

After wrestling my little guy again in front of my friends at AWANA group at church and dropping off my big guys, I had to use a good portion of my weight to strap my little screamer kicking into his car seat AGAIN.

Awesome!

Then, I find myself in the Dairy Queen parking lot, contemplating a Peanut Buster Parfait. I buy it and eat it in front of said screaming 2 year old explaining that he has been too naughty for ice cream and mommy worked super hard today dealing with his grumpy attitude.

awesome.

So, the little temper-master throws another one in AWANA when it's time to pick up his brothers, my head is aching, my arms and back are tired from holding his kicking screaming self once again, and everyone is looking at me, at least sympathetically this time.

AweSome.

Finally, I get my grumpy angel into his jammies, little chompers brushed, and we rock together singing, "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world, red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world."

Awesome.

We pray, me first asking God to wash away the residue of the day, the grumpy looks from strangers, the crabbies from him and me, and we thank God for sleep and feeling better in the morning. Awesome!
I tuck my exhausted angel into bed, saying sleep good and Mommy loves you! and he says, love you Mommy.

AWEsome!

Big guys, my super star racers, memory verse learners, school lovers, they are tucked in too, after working out a small squabble over who knows what. Prayers said, songs sung, "I love you Lord, and I lift my voice, to worship You, Oh my soul, rejoice. Take Joy my King, in what You hear, may it be a sweet, sweet sound, in your ear." Good night boys! I love you! Good night Mom I love you... 

AWESOme!

Tomorrow is another day. A chance to start again, enjoying the precious ones I live with, loving the life I have, and celebrating the healthy life I am working and walking out, one day at a time.

AWESOME!!!

1 comment: