Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I am a desperate woman!

Based on Luke 8:40-48 (Re-Post from June with art included this time)

I may not have walked her very same road, but I find myself reaching out for Him, the same way, needing Him, desperately. Today I drew the picture He showed me when I wrote this. It is in pencil on a sheet of copy paper. It didn't scan great, but you can still get the idea.

A Desperate Woman
My desperation for You leads me 
From my enforced solitude out to the mob.
My heart cries out for Your attention
Stretching for Your hem I land in the dirt.


The chaos around me is overwhelming.
The stench of the filth and dirt fill my senses,
Yet I reach out with all I have 
Knowing You are my only hope.
You alone contain what I so desperately need.

I catch You...

Your gaze upon me is exciting and terrifying at the same time.
You have now exposed me to the others but Your attention,

It alters me...

The look in Your loving eyes enfolds me
And the knowing words from Your lips revive me
Both confirm the healing I feel at my core.


As You turn and move on I know I will never return
To the place I once thought I would never leave.


I am healed.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome poem and very awesome drawing!! Maybe you should illustrate your own books! God is so good. (Understatement of the century!)
    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete