Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Whole New Month!

I LOVE the first day of a new month! I think there is such an amazing amount of possibilities at the beginning of every month.

Today I spent a crazy amount of time online. Today was my changing day! I decided to train for a Sprint Triathlon. September 11 I will be in Lake Stevens Washington to run my first triathlon.

It is a dream I have had since I was 12. My PE teacher did triathlons and used to talk about it all the time. I loved swimming and riding my bike so I was sure I could do it... then puberty, hormones, horses, life all entered the picture. Here I am almost three decades later - going to do it!

Yeah, I can't believe it either! I am excited. I am nervous. I am wondering if my overweight body can really conform to the rigorous training schedule. I wonder if our finances will be able to withstand the needs I have for training equipment - like I don't own a bike! I need a heart rate monitor with a stopwatch, I need to be even more diligent about how I spend my time... lots of changes to happen in these next few months!
BRING IT ON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment